Wednesday, February 9, 2011

And She's Off!!

Right-o! Less than one month ago I was toying with a pipe dream of visiting San Francisco de Asis in Peru around my birthday. Knowing that with my work schedule at Holy Names Academy my visit in March would be impossible I started to brainstorm. The HNA girls have no breaks in March so I figured if I was ever going to get down South it would have to be linked up with my current absence. If I traveled to Peru immediately after returning from Lesotho, Africa then it would be unnoticed that I was actually vacationing.

What was at first the pondering of a short vacation has turned into a full on MOVE to Peru. If you're gunna do something, ya might as well go all in I say!

The plan was/is to stay with the Flukers; a family I love dearly who have agreed to take me in. Jobs are no problem when left to my own devises; "I'll just find one when I get there." Much to my surprise and all in all foreign to my usual 'build it when we get there' attitude, the NGO that we built a community center for last year would like to hire me to help organize at the center and be maintenance girl, what have you. The job also comes with housing. WELLL DONE!

I'm out the 17th of February :)

1 comment:

  1. well done indeed! and here I was slightly worried about you!!!!

    ReplyDelete