Friday, June 3, 2011

Road Accedents

Here in Peru ar e agiven. There are little to no rules of the road, well at least they are not enforced. For instance, a 2 lane road is really a 4 or 5 lane road. And yes a sidewalk is considered a lane. Everytime I get on public bus, 2-3 times a weeks, I like to assumethe worst. Calms me down, and carnage never happens. Go big and be relived/supprised when nothing happens, that´s what I say. HA!

I´ve see som FUCKED UP bus accedents here. Last wednesday a double decker bus turned into another resulting in a T-Bone passenger side of the bus turning. I don´t know a body count but it was bad. The bus hit was compleatly abbliterated on the impacted side. FIRE. Screeming. The whole shabang. Scary stuff.

Right, on a smallr scale. Monday I set off to Lima, par normal. My bus rearends another bus at a stop to ppickup people. Not huge, probobly nothing. WRONG! We look back and the bus is on fire. Panic insues; people and babies screaming, everyone is up and pushing, yelling, jumping through windows. Of course yelling is of no help. Clearly everyone does NOT want to be burned or exploded and trying to push one mass through a tiny door?- no good.

It´s not so dramatic but most people here don´t know how to drive or anything about cars. The engine and gas is all forward and the fire is small. All ends well, we ´escape´ unscathed! A couple of up scoop sand on the fire to put it out and then head off to another bus. The end!

This same day at the tattoo studeo in Miraflores I get a HUGE F´ing piece done. 6 hours laying on a table. My ink goes back of mid thigh down across the back of my knee and halfway down my calf. My artist there, Javier, is a GOD! He can put any photo in your skin, a perfect copie. My left leg, backside, is now a Javier gallery tribute. 3 masks all the way down mi leg. feliz! ps. behignd the knee is a bitch, holly crap! Wont be doing that again for a while.

Also, I´m on my way home. Arriveing June 23rd. If anyone is going up to San Juan island arround then I´ld love ya for ever. Bing y besos,

Emi

3 comments:

  1. For reals, you are coming home?!? Can't wait to see you! -- Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily! I lost your number after you called me this past summer and was trying to figure out how else to get in touch with you. Not sure if this will work, but I thought I'd give it a try. Hope your this new year is off to a good start for you!

    ReplyDelete