Sunday, April 10, 2011

As the Weather Changes

It´s starting to get cold here. Hard to belive that i´m wearing a sweatshirt at work, welding; and needed an extra blanket last week. With the climate change comes, a shit ton of bugs (that´s a lot). Many mesquito bites, bless it, and ants (they also bite).

Today is election day! Tones of energy here lots of people on the bus going to their elotted votting spot. Lots of purple fingers. It feels good to see the exccitment. But I still question why people think I´m going to vote. Hummmm. Must be those half days in school their entire lives.

Update from the factory is: Might have blown up the other day because of classic Peruvian machismo-ism and punched somone in the face. Well the message was gotten and I´m slowly becoming more a part of the club. Sadly violence creates positive outcomes :(. It´s really hard to see how terribly the men here treat their women. Litteraly I´ve heard, "You wait. You´re a woman and lower." It goes both ways i guess. The women recognize the whisleing, comments, and general treatments are bad but do nothing. Say nothing. It´s as if the women here have never been exposed to the concept of strong women, or equal rights. I´m starting to undersatand why most beoble find me funny. I´m way out of the box hear, Just in my work not counting my endless bad language and rude habits :)

On the BM (body modification. I know bowel movement is fun to say Weez but no :) front: I´ve descovered a great, rather large, groups of body artists in Lima. They are professional is the cleanlyness department, etc. and they offer all that is glory. Tee hee. This means: tattoos, skin removal, branding, implants, and susspention. My new buddies really admire my art. They think it´s very uniqu, which I appriciat vastly. It´s a realife to be within a community that is accepting and comfortable with these kinds of things. It´s nice to be touched and not feel fear or disgust from a person. Right so details. . . I´ve started getting a big doberman pincher tattooed on my thigh next to my pistol. My first session wat this saturday and I´ll go back next weekend for round two. My body gets inflamed easaly and it´s difficult for the ink to hold when the tissue is irretated. Fun times. The only quames I have is the drugs.

Saturday while getting inked was my first time to witness in live time people snorting coke. The good thing is the atmosphere is not as we see in the films but more a feel of people casualy smoking a joint. No pressure to do it, etc. Few, WAY glad it´s not excessive and they respect my choices to not sniff powder up my nose. I am adding this experience to my life list. Check!

Que mas¿? My family is good. I´ve started sneeking them money in the form of bread, eggs, butter, and chocolate milk. They know but we all keep it under wraps. They new pappy, a yellow lab/delmation mix is shitting in front of my door less. I´ve also gotten smarter about checking with my headlamp before i step out to pee in the morning. Her name is Nervana. Adorible^3.

BING!

No comments:

Post a Comment